Friday, April 29, 2011

How to do a Five Minute Face

Hey everyone,
For my first post, I would like to focus on something that everyone tries to achieve, The Five Minute Face. I'm in high school and I never have enough time in the morning, so I have gotten really quick at applying my makeup. Just because you only have five minutes doesn't mean the look has to be boring or basic. Here I'll show a few different variations to change it up.

The basics:
1) Apply a dime sized amount of foundation primer (not always a necessity but it definitely helps to make everything go on smoother). Next, apply a powder foundation formula to your face with a kabuki brush and make sure to blend well. Swirl the powder on in circles. Using a powder foundation will give you just as much coverage but will cut out the extra step of adding powder to a liquid foundation.

My picks:
Foundation: Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, here for $27

Kabuki Brush: Sigma Buffer F45 here for $19


2) Apply concealer where needed (under the eyes to conceal dark circles, on the sides of the nose to camouflage any redness, and on any breakouts that are still visible). Use your fingers for this step.

3) Blush: Using a fluffy brush, swirl a powder blush onto the apples of your cheeks.
Bronzer: Using a 3 shape, swirl the bronzer onto temples, the hollows of your cheekbones, and your jaw. Blend, blend, blend!

4) Eyes: Using any powder eye shadow, you can use crazy colors or just basic black or brown shadow for this. If you're looking to try something different, I really like navy, green, or violet. Run an angled shadow brush through the formula and apply to the upper lash line staying as close as possible to your lashes. Curl lashes and add 2 coats of mascara.

5: Lips: Swipe on lip balm as a base and then apply lipstick in any color of your choice.
You can also wear gloss if you prefer!
 - ROUND LIPSTICK
NYX Lipsticks Round, here for $4
Mark Powder Blushes here for $8

 - SINGLE EYE SHADOW
NYX Single Eyeshadows here for $5.50













2 comments:

  1. This is my usual make up routine ... but it always takes me more than five minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think it depends. I've gotten it down to under 5 minutes because there isn't really that much to it.

    ReplyDelete